Saturday 20 October 2012

Cut Out Card

Cut Out Card


I went to the Craft and Quilt Fair in Brisbane yesterday. Had the best time I have had at a show for ages. They had so much that was of interest to me this time, and lots more stalls than the last show I went to there. 

I bought some Cut Out Cards to play with and doodled one last night. They had a lot of different designs on the stand at the show I could have gone broke if I had bought everything I liked. Here is what I did with this card.

I scanned the card on some Red cardstock so you could easily see the cut out section of the card. I scanned the card in the open position. 

As the diamond shapes had an embossed line to form a border around each one, I used a border pattern to define the cut out shape.


Here is a close up so you can see the detail in the doodle pattern.

 
I then added flowers in the two cutout sections. The flowers were actually being drawn on the inside of the card.

This is a picture of the front of the closed card.

 
 I then marked out in pencil where the cut out sections covered the inside of the card. I drew leaves and tendrils on the inside of the card so that it could not be seen when the card is closed.

Here is what you see when the card is open.

 
I won't add writing to the card until I decide what occasion I will use it for. If I decide to sell the card it will probably be Happy Birthday I will add. 

I would put the writing below the diamonds so that when you open the card the writing is still there.

In the centre diamond on the front I would put the persons name or their initial, using one of my Alphabet Designs

That leaves the space below the fold on the inside among the black leaves or the space above the fold on the inside to write your sentiments and name.






HAPPY DOODLING

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful cart! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This idea is so beautyful. Love this card and the patterns. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete