- About - My Crafty Past
- What is Creative Doodling?
- Creative Doodle Patterns
- Border & Edge Patterns
- 'How to Draw' Distructions
- A-Z of Alphabet Designs
- Outlines to Copy
- How to Design Celtic Knot Patterns
- Celtic Challenges
- Celtic Challenge Guidelines
- Artist Trading Cards
- Challenge Gallery-The Bright Owl
- Challenge Gallery - Art of Ninna
- Doodleaholics 12 Step Program
- NAPKIN ART
- From School Teaching to Art and Craft Representative I have learned that I love to teach Art & Craft and see the joy that discovering their creativity brings to people's faces. I live in Queensland Australia & love the laid back lifestyle and the crazy Aussie sense of humour.I share my art and craft adventures, products and knowledge on my blogs creativedoodlingwithjudy.
blogspot.com& celticknotswithjudy.blogspot. comMy favourite trend? Teaching those who think they have no artistic or creative ability to discover they have.
Monday, 30 July 2012
Marilyn B asked me about how I draw Celtic Knots.
I first started by downloading celtic knot outlines off the internet and doodling into the spaces. The celtic knot that I did the Creative Doodle Pattern 'Ziggy' into is a design I down loaded off the internet.
Once I saw how interesting these designs were I looked up youtube to find out how to draw them. These are a number of different methods portrayed. The one I found the simplest is the method used by Patrick Gallagher a Celtic Artist.
The first video I would suggest you look at is "How to draw a Freestyle Celtic Knot" by PGCELTART. This video instruction is right up the alley of Creative Doodlers and Zentanglers alike. I have added the link to this youtube video below. I would also suggest you look at some of his other videos on Celtic Knots.
Below are some Celtic Knots I have decorated just to get you in the mood.