Monday 30 July 2012

Celtic Knots

CELTIC KNOTS

Marilyn B asked me about how I draw Celtic Knots.

I first started by downloading celtic knot outlines off the internet and doodling into the spaces. The celtic knot that I did the Creative Doodle Pattern 'Ziggy' into is a design I down loaded off the internet.

Once I saw how interesting these designs were I looked up youtube to find out how to draw them. These are a number of different methods portrayed. The one I found the simplest is the method used by Patrick Gallagher a Celtic Artist. 

The first video I would suggest you look at is "How to draw a Freestyle Celtic Knot" by PGCELTART. This video instruction is right up the alley of Creative Doodlers and Zentanglers alike. I have added the link to this youtube video below. I would also suggest you look at some of his other videos on Celtic Knots.


Below are some Celtic Knots I have decorated just to get you in the mood.

HAPPY DOODLING


7 comments:

  1. You are something else. May I say an angel in disguise???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ihavethetangles. I have been called a few things but definitely never an angel before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, I love your celtic knots, and the Patrick Gallagher video on freehand celtic knots is brilliant! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question--I will look at your suggested resources. I love what you do with the knots after you draw them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fantastic! Thanks for showing your artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your knots and I super loved the man in the video! What a super simple explanation of how to draw a free style C. Knot! WOW! I love your blog, and I love that it is for all doodlers and not specific to ZT. Thank you for all you do!

    ReplyDelete