Friday 12 October 2012

Celtic Challenge 9

Celtic Challenge 9


I have decided to move away from the circular shape for this challenge. I hope you like the outlined pattern. 

My Challenge to you this week is to use at least 3 patterns you have never used before to decorate this design.

If you don't know any new patterns then click onto the Tangle Patterns Button on the right of this Blog and go the that website. There are hundreds of teriffic patterns to choose from.

3 out of the 4 patterns I used on my example below I have never used before. I am a bad one for using the same pattern over and over again so this was as much if not more of a challenge to me than probably many of you.

I decided the leave the centre empty. I may put some verse there at a later date, or use it as the front of a square card and cut out a small square in the centre so that what it on the inside shows through.

Sorry Faith, not having a Zentangles education, I have not completely got into the habit of keeping the names of all the patterns I use. You are right it would be very helpful for those who are learning and I will try to do this in future. 

The patterns I used in this design were Socc, Ragz, step 1 & 2 of 'C' - scape, and a part of LinQ with a variation to it.
 
HAPPY DOODLING


5 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to this one!
    It would be nice to know the names of the patterns used. For those of us who are new to this sport it would be a great help! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's done, but I'm going to try again. I used a black pen that smudged and some of the colours are muddy. I think it would look nice on black.

      Delete
  2. This was a fun challenge. I did some mistakes, but what the... I will post it anyway, because I like the middle of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this design. I’m going to carve it in wood. I’ll send you a pic when I get it finished.

    ReplyDelete