About Me

My photo

From School Teaching to Art and Craft Representative I have learned that I love to teach Art & Craft and see the joy that discovering their creativity brings to people's faces. I live in Queensland Australia & love the laid back lifestyle and the crazy Aussie sense of humour.

I share my art and craft adventures, products and knowledge on my blogs creativedoodlingwithjudy.blogspot.com & celticknotswithjudy.blogspot.com

My favourite trend? Teaching those who think they have no artistic or creative ability to discover they have.

Friday, 26 July 2013

Scrapbook Page and Tags

Scrapbook Page and Tags

I am getting items ready for a display I will be putting on at the Beenleigh Library. 

Creative Doodling is relatively unknown here in Queensland so I approached the local library. They have display cabinets in the library that local people can display things in for a month. I usually see all sorts of crafts and hobbies displayed there.

I was allowed to book the month of August and will be putting up the display on the 1st. I have been down to measure the size of the 4 shelves and have set out everything at home to ensure is will look good from any of the three glass sides.

I want to show that Creative Doodling can be used by many crafts people as a way to decorate, so have come up will a variety of things other than just drawings to be framed.

Today I worked on a Scrapbooking Page and some gift tags.

Here are the pics:


The page started as a blank white page. 

The letters are from my Wiggly Alphabet. I have them scanned into the computer individually, so that I can make words and print them out any size. I mounted the words onto black card.

The decoration around the picture is a frame I designed a long time ago. I also have it in my computer so that I can print it out any size. I cut out the center and put the picture behind to show through and also mounted it on black card.

I placed the words and frame onto the white paper with double sided adhesive tape. The flowers were ones I picked up from a craft show and I put them on with colored round brads.


The leaves and stems I drew on, colored with watercolor pencils and them doodled over. I them added the flowers with brads to this little garden.


The pink tag below is a piece of pink card that I punched out with a heart shaped whole punch. 

I them went around each heart as you can see with micron pen. I stuck the pink card to a slightly larger white card, and them to a slightly large black card to finish the pink, white and black theme. 
 I had a little heart on some paper that I cut out and placed at the top of the tag. I also doodled over that larger heart as well.
I also drew inside each heart on the white paper with black pen. 

I used the heart shaped whole punch to go through all 3 pieces of card at the center top. I collected an assortment of matching ribbons and threaded them through the heart shaped whole.
 

The Christmas tag is a piece of white card stuck to some slightly larger dark green card. The green and red criss-cross lines where some left over pieces I had in my stash of trash paper & card. I stuck them to the white card and offset them so that the red was lower and to the left of the green, giving a shadowed effect. 

I punched a whole at the top and put ribbon through and doodled inside each of the square shapes.

I will post more items as I make them.

HAPPY DOODLING