Monday, 10 June 2013
Reposting my 12 Step Doodleaholics Program
I decided to repost this for those who need counseling and help.
Please read the following 12 steps if you need to recover from this addiction and practice each step daily.
1. Do not cover all your walls with doodles. Leave some space for family photos.
2. Do not keep multiple projects going at the same time.
3. Do not buy pens, pencils, markers and sketch pads when you have lots at home.
4. Do not let your drawing area look like your can't stop to clean up.
5. Do not look at everything as if it is your next idea for a doodle.
6. Do not stock up on supplies just because they are on sale.
7. Do not let doodling distract you from fixing dinner, doing the washing and taking the kids to school etc.
8. Do not stay up doodling all night.
9. Do not keep every magazine and piece of junk mail for the patterns you could copy.
10. Do not relegate the kitchen table to doodling only. The family have to eat somewhere.
11. Do not save all packaging for the doodling ideas, you have to throw out some things as rubbish.
12. Do not promise you will quit tomorrow, it never comes.
This is a good check list if you are not sure you are a Doodleaholic. If you do do, 3 of the 12 items listed you are well on the way to becoming an addict.
STOP NOW BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE
IF YOU CANNOT KEEP TO THIS 12 STEP PROGRAM
YOU MAY AS WELL CONTINUE TO DOODLE
BECAUSE THIS ADDICTION IS NOT HARMFUL ANYWAY
AND IS SOOOO MUUUCH FUNNNN.