Saturday 1 June 2013

Celtic Challenge 29

Celtic Challenge 29

This week I have been looking at the space I need to put a pattern into and designing shapes to fit that space. My Challenge to you this week is to come up with at least one of your own patterns or shapes to fit a space in this Celtic Mandala.


An easy way to fit the space is to follow the contour of that space as I have done in the finished design below. 

My patterns I used here are:

Full Flower
Hilly

The other pattern I used here is that one with the little hearts and the contour lines around them. I have seen it somewhere but do not know the name. It is a lovely pattern and I use it often.

All the other fill in designs are ones I made up following the contour of each shape.

I can't wait to see what you come up with. Please post the results below so we can all enjoy them.

Have a great fortnight.

HAPPY DOODLING

4 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to this nice new celtic challenge!

    It's such a pity that postage is almost prohibitive for the exchange of ATCs and the like to abroad, from wherever one happens to live. I've never joined in, though I'd like to, because the swaps would probably all be oversees from Europe and it's just not a fundable project.
    But, dear Judy, why don't you open your ATC idea to people like me, who would love to do them, but really don't know what to do with them after they're made. If you opened a little ATC gallery and set a theme every so often - that would involve no drawing for you - I would certainly be glad to join in. And those ATCs would not necessarily be swappable - just viewable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came across your blog and had a go at this challenge! I'm afraid my attempt is too poor for me to dare post it across the internet, but maybe I'll be braver in the future!

    Thanks for the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first celtic challenge. I was worried as I am so new to this. How was I to fill this tiny space. One think led to another and it was filled. I did make a mistake in one of the celtic lines so filled it in and it actually looks like that is what I intended. I love to do this. Thanks Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first ever celtic challenge...kinda wished I hadn't used colour..never mind!~

    ReplyDelete