Saturday 18 April 2015

ARE YOU AN ARTIST


ARE YOU AN ARTIST?
 
DO NOT LET OTHER PEOPLES OPINIONS AND YOUR SITUATION STOP YOU.

 I hope this helps someone else. I self published my first book at 61years old, when I am a carer for my husband (therefore my ability to get out is restricted), with a very limited income and a number or health issues. Over the last 40 years I have written numerous craft books but never published. I had always wanted to be an artist, but kept making excuses - time, money, not good enough etc.
 
 
 
 
I found out recently than an artists is someone who creates their art every day, not someone who is recognised and makes a lot of money from art (they are just successful artists). It took them a long time and a lot of criticism and disappointment to get there.
 
Faced with the fact that I have lived most of my life, I realised if I was ever going to do anything about being an artist I have limited time left, so start now or give up the dream.
 
Considering my current situation, the only thing that stopped me before was MY OPINION OF THE SITUATION AND MY ESTIMATE OF MY ABILITIES. I could have started this journey 40 years ago if I had been more determined and listened less to others.
 
  
 
 
 
 
Start your creative and artistic career today there is really nothing to stop you but yourself. You know what you want and you know deep down what you could be capable off, no one else does, so don't listen to others, GO FOR IT.
 
HAPPY DOODLING

No comments:

Post a Comment