Thursday 23 April 2015

HOW TO FOLLOWING YOUR DREAMS
 
A couple of days ago I posted a piece about not letting others and yourself prevent you from following your dreams.
 
If you really want to start that process, then you have to admit to yourself what that or those dreams are. You can't follow them, if you are unsure that is what you really want.
Once you know what that dream is then you can plan you journey.
 
One of my dreams was becoming an artist. Some people have said to me after my post that they always thought of me that way, but I did not. So I was really not earnestly heading in the direction of making it a professional side of my life, it was just a hobby. But my real dream is to become a professional artist, and earn an income that will support me for the rest of my life. By the way I believe artists never retire and I don't want to retire. I would like to go with a paintbrush in my hand.
 
Since I decided that I was an artist, I have produced two books, some stencils soon to be released and am working on many other projects. I get up every day happy in the knowledge that I am following this dream at last, and I am on the path to making it a reality.
 
I must say though that I am in the extremely wonderful position to have people in my life that support and encourage me every step of the way. This is an asset beyond measure and an extremely important gift that everyone needs in their life. Value and support those people always, they will rejoice with you in the good times, and carry you through the bad times, nothing in life is all roses.
 
For those who have an unsatisfied dream, I ask you to start on the first step of your journey.
1. In the comments below name what you would like to have or become.
2. Start planning how you will achieve this. (Don't get too rigid, my plans change daily as more opportunities present themselves. You don't want to miss an opportunity but you do need a plan).
3. Work out your support network. Who of your friends and family will encourage and support you. Some will have knowledge, contacts & other things, that will help on this journey. Don't be afraid or too stubborn or full of pride to ask for help. If you get a no then they are not in the network, move on.
 
NOW YOU CAN START YOUR JOURNEY.

       DREAMS HERE WE COME.

No comments:

Post a Comment