Monday 9 February 2015

Mandalas

Mandalas
 
The meaning of mandala comes from Sanskrit meaning "circle." Even though it may be dominated by squares or triangles, a mandala has a concentric structure. Mandalas offer balancing visual elements, symbolizing unity and harmony.
 
Some people draw them digitally as they want exact precision. Other people use composes, rulers etc. to get that precision by hand. The first Mandala I drew used no equipment whatsoever and I was very surprised at the outcome. It is pictured below.
The Mandala at the top of the page I drew using guide lines to get accurate portions. I used Alcholol Ink Markers to colour, and Sakura Pigma Micron Pens in sizes 01 & 05 to draw the black lines. I shaded in pencil.
 
The pattern I drew in the centre of the mandala is a variation of a pattern I saw on Pinterest. I followed the source and found it on www.tanglepatterns.com and it is called Yew Dee, and was designed by Peg Farmer a CZT. I just had 12 sections to Yew Dee instead of 4 to fit with the segments I had in my Mandala. All the other doodle patterns on the design are very simple and from my imagination.
 
If you would like to show us examples of some mandalas you have drawn please add to the Mr Linky below. We would love to see them.
 
HAPPY DOODLING
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment